Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lesser Charms of Good Fortune to Drop from Rares in Patch 5.3 & Sahn Tidehunter Moved

With patch 5.3 just around the corner I figured I'd give a quick heads-up about a few of the changes that will be affecting rare spawns in Pandaria when it goes live.

The biggest change affecting all of the rares in Pandaria (minus the Zadalari Warscouts & Warbringers) is that they will all drop several Lesser Charms of Good Fortune now. I flew around the ptr killing each rare up, and every one dropped several charms. The amount seemed to be about 3-5 from each.

That isn't the only thing being added to their loot tables though, Blood-Soaked Invitations will also have a chance to drop off of the rares in Pandaria (minus the rares on Isle of Thunder). I'm not sure what the drop rate will be on them, but I had to kill about ten rares before I saw one. (Official patch notes)


I think this is a wonderful change. I'll admit, as much as I love pet battling I was getting a bit tired of it in order to get my Lesser Charms. It will also be nice to see people hunting these rares down again given this new incentive. I know I won't be flying by and leaving any of them alive any more when I come across one.

Also, the Big Blossom Excavation totally destroyed Sahn Tidehunter's Little pond in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The poor guy had to move with his dead crab Carapin to the northern pond next to Mogu'shan Palace. He is shown at his new location in the screenshot below.

Sahn Tidehunter at his new location in patch 5.3
(And on a personal note - Our new girl baby turned one month old yesterday, and she's doing quite well. She went on her first road trip last week and she had a lot of fun. She absolutely LOVES bumpy car rides. I'm also fairly certain that I witnessed her first real smile this morning! ^-^)

6 comments:

  1. That's great news on both counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I read that in the patch notes. I haven't done dailies in months, and having to do pet battles to get my charms was actually starting to feel like a job. It's nice they are giving us so many options now. :D

      Delete
  2. /wave smiling one-month old little one!

    I know, this morning I felt sad for old Blackhoof. He's always there, no one's interested in the poor guy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After today you'll probably never see him or any of these guys standing around feeling neglected again, hehe.

      Delete
  3. Is it just me or the dropping of Lesser charms form Mobs is a over kill since you can only turn in 50 per week for the Mogu Runes? I have played for just a day and have looted over 250 of them...Also I have not done any dailies so add the dailies in for a week and i am looking at well over a 1000 per week.... =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I don't think it's over kill. Not every one has the same amount of time to play, and not everyone likes to play the same type of content required to acquire charms. I think having numerous options in obtaining them now is wonderful.

      Having a newborn at home I have FAR less time to play than I've ever had before. It's nice to know I won't have to spend all of my free time in game just trying to save charms up for the turn in. I'd rather have way more than I need and focus on doing what I want to do in game, rather than what I feel like I need to do.

      Delete