Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rak'shiri


Rak'shiri is a beautiful aqua colored level 53 saber cat. He can be found in Winterspring patrolling around the frozen lake area just south of Frostsaber Rock. I have marked his patrol area in red on the map below.



He drops the typical green item and a decent amount of experience for people leveling.

He is also highly desirable as a hunter pet because of his very nice coloration. If your a hunter and you are just dead set on getting a pet who looks like this and haven't had luck finding him up there is one alternative. Shy-Rotam (also level 53) can be found wandering around under Frostsaber Rock (see screenshot below). If your like me though, you'll probably come back a few times to nab the rare. =) 

I've always loved the look of this guy and am very glad blizzard decided to change him back to his original color. (For a while he had the look of the white frostsabers in Winterspring.)
Tamed Rak'shiri (on the left) looking at Shy-Rotam
Rak-shiri can be found with NPCScan, but it isn't really necessary as his patrol area around the lake is quite small. If he is up you should spot him fairly quicky. If you do however choose to add it, his NPCScan ID is 10200.

I don't know much about his spawn timer but he has been up a few times as I've come through the area.


3 comments:

  1. I've always loved Rak'shiri or should I say what started my huge rare collection. I've tamed her a few times over the years.

    I'm so glad Bliz gave us those extra 20 stable slots. Even so, my stable is still full :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Rak'shiri on my lowbie hunter now for leveling. I go back and forth between him and Pogeyan. I just love the look of both!

    20 slots was definitely a great addition, very much needed. They should up the limit though, or get rid of it entirely. I always feel bad abandoning my rare pets. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rak was my first rare hunter pet...and has stayed with me through all the pet changes since vanilla wow. She will always be my number 1. *course, back then it took weeks to tame her AND her patrol area was pretty good size. I'll never forget how excited when I finally saw her.

    ReplyDelete