Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pogeyan - The Fire Spirit


Pogeyan is a level 28 non-aggressive rare cat that can be found to the west of the Tkashi Ruins in Northern Stranglethorn Vale. (I have indicated where he can be found in red on the map below.) He is one of the three troll gods: Pogeyan <The Fire Spirit>, Mahamba <The Water Spirit>, and Tsul'kalu <The Earth Spirit>. He is especially desirable as a hunter pet as he looks incredibly unique. To me it looks like he's wrapped in plastic wrap.


Pogeyan can be found with NPCScan. You will need to add it, his NPCScan ID is 51663.

You can also use this macro to help find and tame this guy:
/tar Pogeyan
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Tame Beast

He always spawns in the same location and never patrols far. Hes also very easy to spot as hes HUGE.


Pogeyan dead (Left) and tamed (right)
Pogeyan's spawn timer seems to be anywhere from 3 hours to 6 hours since he was last tamed or killed. He does not share a spawn timer with the other two troll spirits, all three of them can be up at the same time. (When I found him Mahamba was also up.)


6 comments:

  1. Yay got this cat this morning and thanks to having my 4yr old son on my lap and a big fan of tigers/lions I had to go and tame every other type of cat around me haha.
    also got the rare croc and white Gorilla while there.

    Thanks for your time and effort with this blog.
    since finding it while googling where to find rare mounts I have started a Hunter and collecting pets (only at lvl 40)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your kiddo's first character is going to be a hunter some day. ;)

      Grats on your finds!

      Delete
  2. I really love this cat..altho I think not many people think he is special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this guy completely by accident, before I knew about rare pets. I'm now level 80 and so psyched that I got it! Been my go to pet since I first saw it and my brain went, "Oooo! That one!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Pogeyan on almost all my hunters. Working on my Horde hunter right now and am very anxious for him to spawn. He is my best hunter pet yet. And yes, he is magnificent looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Pogeyan on all but this hunter. From Lvl 28 to 100. He just gets better and better with each level we reach. So glad I found him. Good Luck to anyone looking for him. He is definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete